News and Reminders
- Please send us a copy of your regional, district leader, and school action plans by sending email attachments to OhioSFEC@osu.edu.
- Submit Quarterly Coaching Logs to OhioSFEC@osu.edu using this form (Quarter 1 due October 15, Quarter 2 due January 15, Quarter 3 due April 15, and Quarter 4 due July 15 each year), to help keep track of your work coaching each district. These are helpful historical documents to reference in the event that new staff join the team.
- The NNPS Handbook is available as an e-book: Order here.
Funding Guidance & Regional Plans
- Short Video about the 2020-2021 funding guidance (Password: 1w#5e5*9) (3 min)
- Long Video walking through the 2020-2021 funding guidance document in detail (22 min)
Ohio NNPS Evaluation Results
February 11, 2021 Colleague Connect (Link and Password: 599498)
August 20, 2020 NNPS Refresher Webinar for SST Coaches (Watch Recording)
August 28, 2020 NNPS District Leader Webinar (Watch Recording)
September 22 or 23, 2020 NNPS District Leader Training
See district/school leaders page.
September 29 or 30, 2020 School Action Team Training
See district/school leaders page.
Answers to FAQs about Recruiting Districts
1. What should I bring with me when recruiting districts?
The important things are the About NNPS for Ohio Districts, the description of the trainings document, and once they are ready, the Partnership Agreement to sign. You could also bring the manual. After they agree to sign the Partnership Agreement, they will need to complete and return to you the NNPS District Membership Form. You will send that to us. If the district you are recruiting is very small, they will only need to purchase a district membership (and not a school one).
2. Who should the district lead be?
The district lead should be someone with a district-wide position with a) time, and b) the ability to be a good coach for the school leaders. There are many different roles that could successfully fill this role such as a federal programs leader, a curriculum director, special education director, student support services coordinator, school counseling coordinator, assistant superintendent, and others.
3. Tell me more about the additional trainings beyond the first year training for teams.
Those once a year trainings will be training from Joyce Epstein, most likely offered for the whole school team that is implementing the model. Please consider them as mandatory at this time. To get all of our districts and schools off on a good start for implementation with fidelity, we want to ensure there is opportunity for high quality training each year. The trainings will cover special topics relevant to our schools and will provide information for continued improvement for their partnership planning.
4. Should cohort 2 become a member of NNPS in the 2019-2020 school year?
5. Can I recruit a community school to participate?
During this grant, we promised to implement NNPS in every Ohio region in 2 schools per year, an elementary school and a middle/high school. So, if you recruit a community school, you will need to ask them to form 2 teams of parents/teachers/school leaders (1 for the elementary grades, and 1 for the middle/high grades). If this does not seem feasible due to the size/capacity of the school, we recommend that you encourage them to implement NNPS but that you select a different district to coach. If the district you are recruiting is very small, they will only need to purchase a district membership (and not a school one).