Dr. Linda Dakwar’s Mental Health Video
“They may feel more than the usual jitters”
In the video above, Dr. Dakwar shares 4 ways you can create more stability and security for your children from her experience as a mother and as a mental health practitioner.
Dr. Dakwar had so many practical ideas to share we couldn’t hold her to the 2-minute rule! Watch and listen.
Share Dr. Dakwar’s story with others. Which supportive strategies do you currently use with your children? What new strategy could you try out at home with your children this week?
- Talking points for a serious mental health conversation with your child
- Understanding depression in kids
- Red Treehouse – searchable database including mental health supports in Ohio
- Video about school and family mental health resources from Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Everyday Interactions Video from the Fred Rogers Center
Share on social media how you are supporting your child’s security and stability this school year. Use hashtags: #OhioFamiliesEngage #Family2Family Twitter: @OhioEngage Facebook: @OhioSFEC
Want to contribute a video of your own? Email us at OhioSFEC@osu.edu!