- Your child must be enrolled in kindergarten by the year the child is 6.
- All Ohio children must attend a kindergarten program.
- If your child is 5 by either August 1 or September 30 of the school year, your child may attend school. (Note: Dates may vary at each school.)
- Your child must live inside the boundaries of the school.
- Your child’s address must be listed as the parent’s or guardian’s address. (Note: You may not use the address of other family members.)
How to choose this type of school
- Enroll your child for school at the enrollment office for the district you live in. (Note: You will need to bring a picture ID for you and your child’s birth certificate, passport, or I-94. You will also need immunization records and two items that prove where you live.)
- Each school district has different enrollment policies and procedures. Contact your school district for more information.
- Schools must bus students in grades K-8 who live farther than two miles from the school.
- Bus stops can be located up to 1/2 mile away from the student’s home.
This will take you to a list of all school options.
This will take you to more information about Ohio schools.