Note: Please complete your survey using the personalized link provided in your email. This copy of the questions is being shared so that you can see the full set of questions in advance, if you would like to print them off or get input from others before responding in the Qualtrics survey program.
Thank you for agreeing to complete this survey about your district’s family engagement work to the best of your knowledge. It should only take approximately 5 minutes to complete. If you have any questions, please reach out to OhioSFEC@osu.edu.
1a What is your name?
1b What is your email address?
1c District Name
1d What is your role in your school district?
2 Does your district currently provide trainings on family engagement for:
|Yes, No, or Unsure|
3 Does your district currently have a districtwide family engagement plan?
4 How much staff time (Percent FTE) is dedicated to overseeing family engagement efforts in your district?
- No staff time
- More than one full time position
5a What percentage of families in your district do you think your district is currently successfully partnering with to support their child or children’s education?
5b Approximately what percentage of children in your district are being raised by their grandparents?
- More than 20%
6 How does your district evaluate the impact of your family engagement efforts? Select all that apply.
- No district-level evaluation is in place, but teachers/other staff may evaluate their efforts on their own.
- Informal feedback is provided by some families throughout the school year
- Surveys at events for families
- Attendance at events
- Annual survey of all families
- Focus groups with families
- Family engagement is measured by its impact on student outcomes
- Other ________________________________________________
7 Are schools in your district required to develop a family engagement plan (or family engagement strategies within the larger school plan)?
8 Do schools in your district have a family engagement specialist on staff (such as a family liaison, family engagement coordinator, etc)?
9 Are schools in your district required to have a team including family representatives that helps with school planning?
10 Your responses to this item will shape the content of upcoming trainings from our Center.
Our schools could benefit from trainings for our staff on…
(Select all that apply)
- Communication with families
- Family engagement in STEM learning
- Family engagement in Early Literacy
- Engaging with families during remote learning
- Engaging with grandparents raising their grandchildren
- Building relationships with all families
- Family engagement in Mental Health/Trauma
- Community partnerships to support families
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Family Engagement
- Family engagement in Transitions (between schools, or post-secondary)
- Family engagement in Individualized Education Plans or other Special Education Supports
- System-level family engagement (Ohio Improvement Process, Building a Team with Families, Evaluating Services, etc.)
- Other: _________________________________________
11 Ohio’s Statewide Family Engagement Center has the capacity to support training, coaching, and implementation of an evidence-based family engagement model called the National Network of Partnership Schools model. Committing to implementing this model requires attending training with other districts (provided by John’s Hopkins University), forming a team with family representatives and school staff, devoting resources to implementing new family engagement practices, and monitoring the progress of the new practices.
How interested would your district be in receiving training and coaching support to implement the National Network of Partnerships Schools model as a new improvement strategy for schools in your district?
- Already implementing/Planning to implement NNPS
- Very interested
- Somewhat interested
- Not interested at this time
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey!
For more information about Ohio’s Statewide Family Engagement Center, contact Dr. Barbara Boone at OhioSFEC@osu.edu or visit https://ohiofamiliesengage.osu.edu. We encourage you to follow us on Twitter and to Subscribe to our newsletter.
We appreciate all that you do for Ohio’s children and families.