Note: Please complete your survey using the personalized link provided in your email. This copy of the questions is being shared so that you can see the full set of questions in advance, if you would like to print them off or get input from others before responding in the Qualtrics survey program.
Thank you for agreeing to complete this survey about your district’s family engagement work to the best of your knowledge. It should only take approximately 5 minutes to complete. If you have any questions, please reach out to OhioSFEC@osu.edu.
1a What is your name?
1b What is your email address?
1c District Name
1d What is your role in your school district?
2 Does your district currently provide trainings on family engagement for:
|Yes, No, or Unsure|
3 Does your district currently have a districtwide family engagement plan?
4 How much staff time (Percent FTE) is dedicated to overseeing family engagement efforts in your district?
- No staff time
- More than one full time position
5 What percentage of families in your district do you think your district is currently successfully partnering with to support their child or children’s education?
6 Approximately what percentage of children in your district are being raised by their grandparents?
- More than 20%
7 What are 1-2 ways your district changed how you worked with families during the pandemic? Of the changes your district made, which practices do you plan to keep?
8 How does your district evaluate the impact of your family engagement efforts? Select all that apply.
- No district-level evaluation is in place, but teachers/other staff may evaluate their efforts on their own.
- Informal feedback is provided by some families throughout the school year
- Surveys at events for families
- Attendance at events
- Annual survey of all families
- Focus groups with families
- Family engagement is measured by its impact on student outcomes
- Other ________________________________________________
9 Are schools in your district required to develop a family engagement plan (or family engagement strategies within the larger school plan)?
10 Do schools in your district have a family engagement specialist on staff (such as a family liaison, family engagement coordinator, etc)?
11 Are schools in your district required to have a team including family representatives that helps with school planning?
12 Your responses to this item will shape the content of upcoming trainings from our Center.
Our schools could benefit from trainings for our staff on…
(Select all that apply)
- Family engagement basics for educators
- Family engagement in IEPs or other Special Education Supports
- Engaging with families during remote learning
- Inclusive family engagement practices
- Family engagement in Mental Health/Trauma
- Family engagement in Early Literacy
- Family engagement in the middle school years
- Family engagement in the high school years
- Family engagement within school improvement planning (One Needs Assessment, Ohio Improvement Process)
- Family engagement in a multi-tiered system of supports
- Building relationships with all families
- Family engagement in STEM learning
- Engaging with grandparents raising their grandchildren
- Family engagement in Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Family engagement in Transitions (between schools, or post-secondary)
- Other: _________________________________________
13 Ohio’s Statewide Family Engagement Center has the capacity to support training, coaching, and implementation of an evidence-based family engagement model called the National Network of Partnership Schools model. Committing to implementing this model requires attending training with other districts (provided by John’s Hopkins University), forming a team with family representatives and school staff, devoting resources to implementing new family engagement practices, and monitoring the progress of the new practices.
How interested would your district be in receiving training and coaching support to implement the National Network of Partnerships Schools model as a new improvement strategy for schools in your district?
- Already implementing/Planning to implement NNPS
- Very interested
- Somewhat interested
- Not interested at this time