District Leader Training & Implementation Information
The Ohio Statewide Family Engagement Center at The Ohio State University is proud to offer training and support at no cost for Ohio school district leaders to implement the Partnerships for Literacy model in their schools. Partnerships for Literacy is an academic intervention for literacy that elementary schools in Ohio can implement. It helps schools provide opportunities for all families to be engaged with supporting their child’s literacy development. Partnerships for Literacy is a systemic approach to family and community engagement that connects to the Ohio Improvement Process. It is sustained over time, goal-oriented, and develops the capacity of both educators and family members. The training and implementation of Partnerships for Literacy is feasible during remote learning. Read More about Partnerships for Literacy.
What you will receive
• Training and coaching from OSU for two years
• A community of practice with other district leaders implementing Partnerships for Literacy
• Access to all Partnerships for Literacy tools and resources
What you will agree to do
• Allocate a District Leader’s time to be trained and to facilitate implementation of Partnerships for Literacy in the district between 2020-2022
• Support implementation in at least 1 elementary school for two years
• Participate in an evaluation by OSU
2020-2021 Virtual Training Dates
September 9, 2020
October 28, 2020
January 20, 2021
June 4, 2021
*All trainings will be from 9 am – 2 pm with a 1-hour lunch break between 12-1 pm.
2020-2021 Virtual Check-in Dates
October 9, 2020
December 11, 2020
March 23, 2021
*All check-ins will be from 1-2:30 pm and are optional, intended to provide ongoing support for districts. This support is also available one-on-one via phone at any time.
REGISTER BY AUGUST 10, 2020
Registration Link: https://go.osu.edu/p4lregistration