About the Course
The Ohio Statewide Family Engagement Center at The Ohio State University is proud to offer Ohio educators with access to 4 online modules about Partnering with Families to Support Early Literacy.
- This self-paced course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete.
- This course will count for 6 Ohio Approved credits, or CEUs. Early childhood educators who wish to receive Ohio Approved Credits through OCCRRA must register in the OCCRRA system using the ST#: 10100680.
- You will have a span of three months (Nov 1, 2020 – Feb 28, 2021) during which to take the course and complete the associated activities.
- The course is designed for teachers PreK through Grade 3, but education leaders and other literacy support staff/coaches can also benefit from taking this course.
- In 2020-2021, this course is available to any teachers from Ohio’s S.S.I.P. Cohort 1 & 2 school buildings (those implementing Partnerships for Literacy). If you do not see your district’s name in the registration survey, please email OhioSFEC@osu.edu for information about accessing the course.
- Reminder: 2 State Support Team staff members from each region and 12 teachers/staff members from each school building will be permitted to take the course during the 2020-2021 school year.
In this online course, you will:
- Apply new communication skills to use inviting language with families;
- Utilize growth mindset/habits of mind skills to increase family engagement and draw upon family’s assets and interests;
- Incorporate evidence-based strategies to improve early language and literacy opportunities at home and at school, and;
- Examine language and literacy resources for everyday family activities to support early literacy and promote family engagement.
*Once you register, you will receive an email within a few days to gain access to the course.