Sample Family Request Letter for Special Education Evaluation from a School

Families can send letters or emails to their child’s teacher or principal to request a special education evaluation. Here is a sample letter you can use.

Dear (Teacher or Principal’s name),

I would like to request comprehensive educational testing for my child ________________ who is in _____ grade at __________________school.

I would like a full evaluation with testing for learning disabilities. I request my child be tested in all suspected areas of disability, including the areas of auditory processing, executive function, OT, speech and language and a reading disability.  (add any specific disability here)

I understand I need to sign a consent form so the school can conduct the evaluation.  If I do not hear from you in three business days I will call to set up a time to sign the consent form.

I request I have a chance to review the result and ask any questions I have with the evaluator prior to the meeting.

I understand the school system has 60 days to complete testing and hold a meeting to discuss eligibility. I look forward to meeting with you on this date.

Sincerely,

(your name)

(date)

Please share:

You may also like...

Register for our Free Sept 16 Family Engagement Leadership Summit!

On September 16, 2022, you are invited to join people from around Ohio and the world at our annual free Family Engagement Leadership Summit! Register now and learn more about this event on our Summit Webpage.

Please share: