Ohio School Story: Harmon Middle School’s Counselor Supports Families During the Pandemic
The counselor at Harmon Middle School in Pickerington Local Schools gathered resources for families to promote the well-being of their children at home. The website is easy to navigate and focuses on supporting families’ most pressing needs.
- childcare for essential employees,
- unemployment assistance and employment opportunities,
- food assistance opportunities through the school district and local community resources such as restaurants offering free meals, food banks, and blessing box locations,
- link to the school nurse’s web page for health assistance,
- 24/7 mental health counseling contact information, wellness kit, virtual calming room, and other mental health support resources,
- advice and discussion prompts for how to talk about feelings about Coronavirus with kids
- and technology support resources through the school, information about how to access free WiFi and free printing.