A website for families with children struggling with learning/attention issues
Understood.org is a website for families with children who have learning/attention issues. The goal of the website is to make families feel more confident and capable, less frustrated and alone. Below is a sample video from the website, and a summary of the types of resources on the website, in their own words…
– We promise well-researched, practical information that’s easy to apply to everyday life.
– We promise daily access to expert advice that’s free of charge, clearly communicated and never influenced by commercial interests.
– We promise a secure community where parents can trade tips and experiences with other parents like them.
– We promise to help parents recognize and develop their children’s strengths—and to address their challenges.
– We promise to share resources and tips to help parents work constructively with schools, professionals and others in their community.
– We promise to respect parents’ privacy and their knowledge of what’s best for their children and family.
– We promise to listen to feedback and use it so that we can continue to make Understood better and better. By fulfilling these promises, we believe we can help parents achieve successes, large and small, that fuel their child’s progress.