WebMD: Benefits of Family Dinners
WebMD compiled a list of 10 reasons to eat family meals together:
10 Benefits of Family Dinners
- You and your kids will talk more.
- You’ll be more likely to hear about a serious problem.
- Kids will feel like you’re proud of them.
- There will be less stress and tension at home.
- Everyone eats healthier meals.
- Kids are less likely to become overweight or obese.
- Kids are more likely to stay away from cigarettes.
- They’re less likely to drink alcohol.
- They won’t likely try marijuana.
- They’re less likely to use illicit drugs.
- Friends won’t likely abuse prescription drugs.
- School grades will be better.
Ohio Families: What are your favorite reasons to eat a meal together? Submit your family engagement story here!