Research Brief: Partnering with Families for Early Language and Literacy, Second Edition
This research brief written by Ohio’s Statewide Family Engagement Center is for early childhood teachers who want to improve the way they partner with families for children’s language and literacy development. This is the second edition of this paper.
Click below to download the brief, which includes “opportunities teachers can use” for every strategy below:
- Welcome families as partners.
- Promote family-friendly practices.
- Share information and tools with families.
- Invite families to partner in progress monitoring.
- Build accessible and equitable home-school partnerships.
- Enhance family partnerships for children learning English.
- Individualize partnerships for meeting learning challenges.